About Central Alabama Wellness
Central Alabama Wellness is a 501c3 organization dedicated to serving the communities of Shelby and Chilton Counties. We believe wellness is an active process of becoming aware and making choices towards a healthy and fulfilling life. Wellness is more than being free from illness, it is a process of change and growth. Maintaining wellness is the cornerstone to achieving the best possible quality of life. At Central Alabama Wellness, our goal is to help others live life well.
For more than 50 years, Central Alabama Wellness has served the community through a wide array of services, including therapy, psychiatry, case management residential services, and other community-based services. The organization’s services are certified through the Alabama Department of Health.
The Adult MI Outpatient Director, in conjunction with the clinical director, oversees the organization's outpatient staff across CAW’s footprint. This person will serve as a critical leader in the client and staff relationships and treatment plans, ensuring excellent services are delivered to clients.
Learn and appropriately apply policies and procedures of Central Alabama Wellness (CAW).
A. Provide direct services to the adult population.
• Ensure that all necessary information is obtained at the intake interview.
• Conduct psychosocial evaluations according to accepted professional and ethical standards for clients pending admission to CAW and various treatment facilities pending applicable diagnosis.
• Render accurate diagnosis based on available information and according to DMH Standards utilizing the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders – Fifth Edition.
• Provide individualized therapy according to local and accepted professional and ethical standards utilizing evidence-based theories for positive consumer outcomes.
• Utilize all means to follow-up with clients in the event of missed or cancelled appointments.
• Exercise proper clinical judgement as to when and where clients are referred out of the agency for services.
• Maintain concise, accurate documentation that is entered and signed within 24 hours of services rendered.
• Maintain monthly productivity requirement for billable services and ensure productivity spreadsheets are completed as assigned. • Maintain and provide accurate consultation to community agencies.
• Provide accurate expert witness testimony at courts’/attorneys' requests.
• Ensure prompt and appropriate response in client emergencies/crisis situations.
B. Management of Staff
• Oversee the Mental Illness (MI) outpatient therapists, case managers, and peer support specialists.
• Provide accurate input into the hiring and termination of employees supervised.
• Apply Center Personnel Policies and Procedures on a consistent basis.
• Complete employee evaluations in a fair and timely manner.
• Ensure all staff productivities are provided in timely manner as well as provide the summary spreadsheet for productivity for all staff supervised.
• Address personnel and supervisory issues with staff in a timely manner while following the guidelines set forth in the agency policy and procedures.
• Review, provide appropriate feedback regarding, and sign off on documentation for clinical staff.
• Facilitate weekly DMH supervision of clinical staff.
• Provide oversight and back-up services for after-hours/on-call services.
C. Community Liaison
Provide/maintain connection and education between CAW, other community agencies, and the general public. • Provide presentations on varying topics in an effective and professional manner.
• Ensure presentations are accurately tailored to audience.
• Effectively serve as a positive advocate for mental health services in the community while representing CAW in a professional manner at all times.
• Attend meetings as needed at the discretion of the Executive Director and/or the Clinical Director
D. Maintains and improves professional skills.
• Attend and actively participate in professional workshops, in-service training, and Quality Assurance reviews.
• Read current professional periodicals and peer reviewed articles.
• Utilize staff consultation as needed.
E. Perform any other duties, clinical or non-clinical, as assigned by immediate supervisor or executive team member(s)
Compensation & Benefits
The range for this role is competitive and commensurate with experience. Final offers will be contingent upon a background check and completion of a negative drug screen. A retirement contribution plan is required for all employees to participate in. Additionally, a comprehensive benefits package is available, including health and dental insurance, annual leave, sick leave, paid holidays, and an annual personal day.
Central Alabama Wellness does not discriminate. Opportunity for employment will be open to any person who, on the basis of merit, can present satisfactory evidence of qualifications for the position to be filled. No person will be denied employment on the basis of race, religion, disability, military or veteran status, age, sex, creed, color, national origin, genetic information, or any basis protected by law.